Every wedding day has a soundtrack of its own—from the walk down the aisle to the first dance, the bouquet toss to your final farewell, music helps set the tone for the entire day ... which is why your DJ has such an important role. To help you better we've compiled this master list of questions that we typically get asked.
1. Is my wedding date available?
This is the first thing to check out! Ask Us!
2. How long have you been doing this professionally?
More than 10 Years, this includes Weddings, Clubs, and large multi million dollar events!
3. How many weddings have you played?
At the time of writing this we are somewhere between 350 and 400. We also do countless
corporate and private events each year across the country.
4. How long have you been performing together (if you're interviewing a band)?
I've been working with the other DJ's for more than 10 years.
5. How many weddings do you do in an average weekend?
We keep it to one wedding per DJ per Day this way you get our full attention.
6. Do you perform at more than one event in a day?
No, Unless its your ceremony and reception. We don't want to run into an issue at one event and not make it to yours on time.
7. Will you be the DJ personally be playing at our wedding?
Most of the time yes. Unless I am already personally booked that day.
8. Have you done events at my wedding venue?
We have worked with many venues, If we haven't worked with your venue previously we try to be there for the walk through to make sure everything gets set up the right way.
9. What sets you apart from your competition?
We focus on the event and your guests happiness. On top of that we help keep everyone on schedule for the evening. A lot can go wrong or run behind. We make sure that doesn't happen, from telling the photographer when to be ready to take a great shot to keeping track of when dinner will be ready for your guests. We also have an extensive background in events such as the Grammys After Party in Hollywood and Oscar After Party and many Black Tie Gala Events at Playboy raising money for charity.
10. Can you describe your style?
Fun and energetic! People call me the life of the party.
11. Are there any other services that you provide, such as lighting design or a photo booth?
We focus on music. We want to be a master at one thing and not OK at many. If you need a photo booth or something else we can certainly help you get that however.
12. Can you provide me with recent couples that I can contact for references?
Yes, we can do that. I would just want to make sure its OK with them first.
13. Do you have a CD of your music or a video from a prior wedding where you performed?
yes on request I can record something recent for you.
14. Can you help me choose the music for my processional, recessional, father-daughter dance, etc.?
Yes! When you first sign up I will actually send a document over to you helping with all of this initially. if you need more help don't hesitate to ask!
15. How extensive is your music library or song list? What genres can you cover?
Over 100k songs and .... just about every genre from 20's and now and mixes of just about everything. If there's something we don't have we can get it!
16. Do you have a go-to list of wedding songs you play or perform for weddings?
Yes, we know what works for every type of wedding and that's part of out go to songs to play to keep the dance floor packed.
17. How do you keep your music collection up-to-date?
We update before every event from premium DJ databases and iTunes.
18. If the DJ or one of the band members scheduled for my event is unable to perform for some reason, do you have a backup replacement ready to go?
Yes, we have dj's on backup in case something happens.
19. Do you take any breaks? How many and when?
20. What music will be provided during the breaks?
21. How many DJ's will perform that day?
A typical even only has one DJ.
22. Do you act as the emcee and make all of the announcements?
Yes, we typically do unless other wise stated.
23. How would you define your emcee style?
We can be the life of the party or quiet. It really all depends on what you would like.
24. What do you do to motivate the crowd if nobody is dancing?
I get out there and dance, and that's usually enough to get someone else up there to stop me haha. We also have a list of go to dance floor packing songs.
25. Do you take requests from our guests?
Yes, Unless you request us to not.
26. Can we submit a "Do Not Play" list?
Pricing and Payment
The price tag is one of the biggest factors in choosing what wedding DJ or band to choose, but it's not as simple as just asking for a price. You need to find out exactly what that price includes. You definitely don't want to discover any surprise fees after you've signed a contract.
27. What's your rate?
This all depends on what your looking for and how many hours! We would be happy to go over this with you.
28. Does that rate include setup and breakdown between ceremony and reception locations?
It does include Setup and Breakdown.
29. How much would you charge for overtime?
Overtime varies for each package.
30. Are there any additional fees that could accrue that I am not taking into account, like travel expenses or charges for special musical requests?
There is an added travel expense for long distance events where overnight stay is required. We will let you know before booking if this is the case.
31. When will I receive a written contract?
Before you put a deposit down. We try to go over everything with you and customize it to your desired plan.
32. How much of a deposit do you require and when is it due? Do you offer a payment plan?
We require $100 deposit to hold your date and the remainder is due no later that two weeks before your event.
33. What is your refund/cancellation policy?
Canceling more than two weeks outside of your event would be a refund of everything minus your $100 deposit. Within the two weeks there are no refunds as we cant offer that date to anyone else at that point.
34. How far in advance do I need to book you for my wedding?
We are booked about a year out. But that shouldn't stop you from asking.
35. What information do you need from me before the wedding day?
We will send a list of questions we need answered to help keep things as easy for you as possible.
36. Are you insured?
We can get insurance for each event if requested.
Now for the less exciting but still critical details, like power supply and scheduling.
37. Can you provide wireless mics for the wedding ceremony?
38. Does any of your equipment require special electrical outlets that I need to inform my wedding site about?
39. Do you bring backup equipment?
40. What kind of space or stage do you require for the DJ ?
All we ask for is a table to set up our equipment and a space large enough around it to set up speakers and lights.
41. Do you set up a sign or banner with your equipment?
NO!!! this is your wedding not our marketing event!
42. How much time will you need for setup, sound check and breakdown on the day of the event?
We typically set up two hours before the event even though setup only takes about an hour we want to have plenty of time in case an issue arises.
43. What time will you arrive at the site and when you will you depart?
We arrive two hours before and leave about an hour thirty after. This will all be on the timeline.
44. Will we meet again before the wedding?
Yes, A couple of times to make sure the timeline is still correct and the songs you request haven't changed.
45. When is our deadline for submitting our music requests and event details?
We ask that you submit them at least one month out.
46. What will you wear to our wedding?
Dress shirt and black pants.
47. Do you require a meal?
No, we don't require food, but it is always appreciated.
48. What is your policy on alcohol or smoking during the wedding?
We don't smoke and alcohol is completely up to you.
49. Is there anything we should know about your services that we haven't talked about?
Feel free to ask us!
50. Do you have any questions for us?
We will probably have some questions for you at the time we meet.